The deadline for nominating a teacher is February 26, 2016.
The deadline for applications is April 15, 2016.
The winner will be announced on May 20, 2016.
Please use this link to nominate: https://form.
Concept Schools 2015 Teacher of the Year Program
As part of our ongoing effort to improve teaching and learning, Concept Schools continues to provide a Teacher of the Year recognition program to honor, promote, and encourage outstanding teachers among our schools. This recognition will also raise the stakes among our teachers as they will then move on to state and national competitions.
The Concept Schools Teacher of the Year will also serve a community point person who both promotes charter community schools and innovative teaching strategies. He or she will receive a $1000 monetary award for this recognition.
Administrators, teachers, parents and students shall nominate a teacher
The deadline for nominating a teacher is February 27, 2015.
The deadline for applications is April 17, 2015.
The winner will be announced on May 21, 2015.
Judging will be based on the criteria below.
1. Applicant Statement – Write a short statement that includes your philosophy of teaching, grade and subject, and how you maximize 21st Century skills in your classroom. (Maximum 500 words- 20 pts. possible)
2. Instruction – Explain your teaching methods, strategies, accommodations, modifications, and assessments. Record one of your lessons (up to 45 min). Explain the context of the lesson you recorded and how it fits to the scope and sequence. Provide evidence how you achieved your goals and the standards you were teaching. What would you change if you were to re-teach? (Maximum 1,000 words – 30 pts. possible)
3. Data Driven Approach – Show evidence of progress monitoring and student success. (Maximum 300 words – 20 pts. possible)
4. Continuous Learning – Explain your on-going professional development and provide evidence of its implementation. (Maximum 250 words – 10 pts. possible)
5. Extra-curricular Activities – Describe how the extra-curricular activities you organize lead to student success. (Maximum 250 words – 10 pts. possible)
Please contact Ali Uslu with any questions : firstname.lastname@example.org