The month of November is creeping up on us, so what does that mean? Giving Tuesday is just around the corner. For those of us who need a refresher on the story behind Giving Tuesday, let me give you the rundown.
Every year, on the 4th Thursday of November, families across the U.S. celebrate Thanksgiving. Many of us rush to the stores on Black Friday, a day for marked down electronics and early Christmas shopping. Fast-forward to Monday, and online shoppers rush for Cyber Monday deals.
So after a weekend of festive food and Christmas shopping, Giving Tuesday gives us the opportunity to give back.
Whether you are giving donations to your favorite charities, volunteering at a local organization, or raising funds for your own community, Giving Tuesday is a great opportunity to come together to make the world a better place.
Now, I know what you’re thinking: this is just one more thing to add to my to-do list. But what if I told you this will not only get your students and staff excited about giving back but that it will actually help you fill up your social media calendar? And better yet, thousands of schools and organizations have gone before you, so the well of ideas is overflowing at Giving Tuesday’s website.
To give you an extra hand this year, here are 5 downloadable resources to get your school started this giving season:
1. Giving Tuesday Social Media Posting ScheduleGivingTuesday_Posting_Schedule
2. Social Media Placards for Middle and High Schools – (Greatest Showman themed!)Million_Dreams_GivingTuesday
3. Social Media Placards and Event Invites for Elementary and Middle Schools (Super Hero themed!)*Giving Tuesday _ Heros
4. Giving Tuesday Logos for social media and graphics you make on your own
Click on the link above for all versions of the #GivingTuesday logo.
5. The Complete 2018 Giving Tuesday Toolkit2018 Complete Toolkit
*Email Parker Hall, our Communications Coordinator, to have edit access to the event invite